5 more COVID-19 deaths reported as SLO Co. cases fall lower
5 more COVID-19 deaths reported as SLO Co. cases fall lower

5 more COVID-19 deaths reported as SLO Co. cases fall lower

COVID-19 cases continue to fall in San Luis Obispo County, public health officials reported and data released Tuesday afternoon.

According to the latest update since Friday174 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the county, bringing the total number of active cases to 474. That is a drop from 767 active cases reported on Friday.

The case average of 14 days has dropped to 106, health officials say, down from an average of 163 on February 22nd.

14 county residents are hospitalized with the virus, two of whom are in the intensive care unit.

Health officials say five residents have died from the virus, bringing the total number of deaths to 453 since the start of the pandemic.

Monthly falls fell sharply in February compared to January. Yet, with a total of 4,664 cases, February 2022 reached the third highest monthly number ever, surpassed only by January 2021 (7,437 cases) and January 2022 (14,659 cases).

67.0% of San Luis Obispo County residents are fully vaccinated, health officials report, including 51.2% who have received a booster dose. 73.6% of the county’s residents are at least partially vaccinated; the other 26.4% are unvaccinated.

Visit to make an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination myturn.ca.gov. For information on mobile vaccine clinics in San Luis Obispo County, click here.

Free coronavirus testing is available to the public in Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Grover Beach and Morro Bay. click here to sign up for an appointment.

To learn more about San Luis Obispo County’s response to coronavirus, visit slopublichealth.org/COVID19.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.