If you retire, become incapacitated for work or someone you depend on dies, we are there when you need us. You can access your information, benefits and important services virtually anywhere with your personal and secure My Social Security account. With your My Social Security account you can:
• Compare future estimates of benefits for different dates or ages when you may want to start receiving benefits.
• Check the status of your benefit application or notice of objection.
• View your earnings history.
• Apply for a replacement Social Security card (in most states).
If you are already receiving benefits, you can also:
• Receive a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
• Set up or change your direct deposit.
• Change your address.
• Request a replacement Medicare card.
• Receive a Social Security Form 1099 (SSA-1099).
You can even use your My Social Security account to opt-out of certain postal notifications, including the annual cost of living adjustment notification and the income-related monthly adjustment amount notification. These notifications are now available in your Notification Center when you sign in to your account. We’ll send you an email that a new message is waiting for you, so you never miss an important update.
It’s easy to sign up for a My Social Security account. Let your friends and family know that they can create their own My Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.