JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (WJHL) — The Ballad Health System reported 13 more COVID-19 hospitalizations than earlier on Monday.
On Tuesday, Ballad data shows there are 171 patients battling the novel coronavirus at facilities in Ballad’s 21-county service area.
This includes 40 patients battling critical cases of the virus in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), with 30 patients dependent on ventilators.
There are no children battling the virus at Niswonger Children’s Hospital, Tuesday’s scorecard shows.
The following is a breakdown of the COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on November 23:
- Total number of COVID-19 hospital admissions: 171 (+13)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under study): 4
- Total number of COVID-19 admissions: 30 (-10)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 17 (-9)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 40
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 30
- Pediatric Patients at Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 0 (-1)
- Percentage of population fully vaccinated: 45.3%
Ballad Health reported on Tuesday that there have been 40 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 31 deaths reported Monday in the past seven days.
The region’s positivity rate stands at 13.9% on Tuesday.