We want to help you get the services you need as quickly and safely as possible. Your personal my Social Security account at www.ssa.gov/myaccount is your gateway to shopping with us online.
Whether you are receiving benefits now or in the future, you would like to create your personal My Social Security account or use the one you may already have. More than 65 million people already have an account!
Did you know that you can use your personal My Social Security account to perform many tasks? You can request a Social Security Compensation Card (in most states), check the status of your application or appeal, verify your earnings, estimate future benefits, or manage the benefits you are already receiving. Watch our short video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hjJqUAFSXI about the benefits of having an account.
We are committed to protecting your information and benefits and take this responsibility seriously. That’s why we’re asking for personal information to verify your identity in order to create a personal My Social Security account. We work with external partners to securely verify your identity. We do this to protect your data while making our online services easy to use for you.
• Ready to sign up? You can now create your new my Social Security account through one of these two credentials: Login.gov or ID.me. Login.gov is the public’s single account for easy, secure, and private access to participating U.S. government agencies.
• ID.me is a single sign-on provider that meets the U.S. Government’s online proof of identity and authentication requirements.
An identification information includes your username, password and two-step verification factors. A trusted credentials partner helps us with secure verification of your identity online.
Here is a short list of some things you need to know when creating or accessing your personal my social security account.
1. I have never accessed my social security and I do not have a Login.gov or ID.me credentials:
Visit my Social Security page at www.ssa.gov/myaccount to get started. You will have the option to create an account with your preferred credentials partner, Login.gov or ID.me. Remember:
• You must be 18 years of age and have a CPR number.
• You will be redirected to your partner’s site when you select “Log in with Login.gov” or “Log in with ID.me.”
• You must provide a valid email address and some additional information.
• Once you have created the credentials, you will return to my Social Security page for the next steps.
2. I have never had access to my social security, but I already have a Login.gov or ID.me credentials:
You can log in with your credentials on the my Social Security website at www.ssa.gov/myaccount and follow the instructions.
3. I have gained access to my social security with a social security username and password that I created before September 18, 2021:
You still need to log in with your Social Security username and password. This is the first option on the secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action login screen.
4. I have gained access to my social security using my existing Login.gov or ID.me credentials:
You can log in to my social security using either Login.gov or ID.me credentials.
Invite your friends and family to create their personal My Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.