COVID-19 patient released from hospital after 96 days
COVID-19 patient released from hospital after 96 days

COVID-19 patient released from hospital after 96 days

John Taylor was released from Novant Health Rehabilitation Hospital on Thursday after spending 96 days battling COVID-19.

WINSTON-SALEM, NC – A Triad man was released from hospital Thursday after spending 96 days hospitalized with COVID-19.

“It’s just a miracle that he’s here,” said April Taylor, wife of John Taylor. “It is by the grace of God.”

John Taylor was admitted to the Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist in November 2021 with COVID-19 pneumonia. He was then placed in a medically induced coma. His wife said he nearly died twice, and doctors urged her to sign an order not to “revive.”

“I really thought I (should) be a widow at first, but then I said, ‘you know what? I believe in miracles and it takes a mustard seed faith to move a mountain and that’s what happened, “said April.

Two weeks later, John woke up from his coma and his health began to be approved. He was discharged from Atrium Health WFB and went to Kindred Care Hospital in Greensboro. Eventually, he moved to Novant Health Rehabilitation Hospital in Winston-Salem for physiotherapy after being bedridden for so long.

RELATED: When does COVID-19 go from pandemic to endemic? There is no statistical cut-off

On Thursday, John was discharged from Novant Health and staff cheered on him as he left.

“I really did not think (this day) would ever come, and as I said, it is a miracle and I give all the credit to God,” April said.

Doctors with Novant Health said John’s story shows the confidence they have in the care they provide their patients every day.

“The great thing is that this is just one of many stories that we are going to witness on a daily basis here in our inpatient rehabilitation center,” said Dr. Sudeep Mehta from Novant Health. “We get a lot of people struggling with a lot of comorbidities and a lot of diseases, and it’s all just an example of one of the many patients who went through so much.”

RELATED: Two years ago the first case of COVID-19 was reported in North Carolina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.