COVID-19 update per. February 24: The city of Evanston ends its mask and vaccine mandates per. February 28 with some exceptions
COVID-19 update per.  February 24: The city of Evanston ends its mask and vaccine mandates per.  February 28 with some exceptions

COVID-19 update per. February 24: The city of Evanston ends its mask and vaccine mandates per. February 28 with some exceptions

New COVID cases in the state have fallen from a 7-day average of 32,501 on January 12 to a 7-day average of 2,020 on February 24, a fall of 94%. New cases in Evanston have also dropped dramatically. Hospital admissions due to COVID have also shown significant decreases.

Evanston Mayor Daniel Biss announced yesterday, February 23, that the city’s Health and Human Services Department (H & HSD) will lift some of its vaccination and indoor masking mandates on February 28, in line with Governor JB Pritzker’s timeline.

“This means that the city’s H & HSD will no longer require the wearing of masks in indoor public spaces, such as shops, leisure facilities, town halls, libraries, entertainment venues, restaurants and other spaces. In addition, businesses and venues will no longer be required to verify customers’ proof of vaccination, ”said the mayor.

After 28 February, however, there will continue to be a need for masks where the state or federal government has a mandate to protect vulnerable populations, including health environments, long-term care facilities, assembly environments such as shelters, public transportation. Refer to Illinois DCFS Guide regarding masking in day care institutions.

Evanston companies can choose to continue implementing their own mask and / or vaccine requirements for patrons after February 28th.

Mayor Biss said the city will continue to maintain its mandatory vaccination policy for all employees of the City of Evanston, City Council, members of boards, committees and commissions, contractors, volunteers, trainees, seasonal and part-time employees. Currently, 89 percent of city staff are fully vaccinated, and the remaining 11 percent of staff must complete weekly COVID-19 testing.

The schools

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.