Eight years after its initial announcement at E3 2014, Amazon has released the Dead Island 2 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Xbox Series / Xbox One with a release date of February 3, 2023 and new box art, screenshots and description.
When it was first announced, Dead Island 2 was developed by Yager Interactive and in the following years development was taken over by Sumo Digital, before finally passing to current developer Dambuster Studio.
Here’s the new description:
A deadly virus spreads across Los Angeles, California, turning its inhabitants into voracious zombies. The city is in quarantine and the army has withdrawn. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you’ll learn to contain the zombie inside. Only you, and the handful of other braggarts who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, can keep the future of Los Angeles (and humanity) in balance. As you discover the truth behind the outbreak, you will discover who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in Los Angeles!
The beloved zombie saga is back with a unique formula of horror, dark humor and over-the-top zombie slaying, spanning an epic pulp adventure. Dead Island 2 is an exciting first-person action RPG that takes players to a brand new playground. Stylish, vibrant and awash with zombie infections, explore iconic blood-soaked Los Angeles. Meet life-sized characters. Defeat countless enemies in beautifully gory detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer. See you in HELL-A!
Most important features:
- Dead Island 2 takes players through the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now colored with horror, in a thrilling pulp journey from the leafy suburb of Beverly Hills to the quirky boardwalk of Venice Beach.
- Combat delivers the most intense, visceral, and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and tactical (and brutal) options to blast your way through the zombie horde.
- There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogue. You can fully customize each Slayer’s skills, with our brand new skill system that lets you instantly re-spec and try out the craziest builds.
- Our Los Angeles is teeming with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the resuscitated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 featuring dozens of different zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks, and hundreds of Los Angeles-themed variants.
- Day One Edition includes the Memories of Banoi Pack (Banoi War Club, Memories of Banoi Baseball Bat, Weapon Perk) balanced skill card for personal space.
Check out the screenshots in the gallery.
Thank you, @Wario64.