Thousands of Americans could receive a direct stimulus payment of $ 1,400 in a lottery-like program that opens NEXT WEEK.
That Iowa amtets stimulus lottery, funded by Joe Bidens $ 3.5 million American rescue planwas approved for the entire county months ago to help residents who have been directly affected by coronavirus.
Approximately 2,500 Americans will be selected to receive a one-time payment of $ 1,400.
Applications for the Johnson County Direct Assistance Program open Monday and close four weeks later at noon on May 23rd.
Donna Brooks, Johnson County’s grant coordinator, said the county is preparing to be “all engines running,” to communicate the program with the public, Iowa City Press-Citizen reported.
“(We) are really preparing for four weeks in a row with very, very intensive work, 100 percent on the Direct Assistance Program,” Brooks said.
Who qualifies for the program?
To be eligible, Iowa residents must have lived in Johnson County since March 2020 and have an income considered to be in the low to moderate range.
The income requirements are as follows:
- The household’s annual income in 2020 or 2021 on or below
- $ 45,370 for a household of one
- $ 51,870 for a household of two
- $ 58,370 for a three-person household
- $ 64,805 for a household of four
- $ 70,005 for a household of five
- $ 75,205 for a household of six
- $ 80,405 for a household of seven
- $ 85,605 for a household of eight
The applicant must also prove that they were affected by Covid-19 through:
- Food insecurity
- Housing uncertainty
- Exclusion from federal stimulus programs
The applicant can prove that Covid-19 influenced them if they qualified for one of the following programs:
- Childcare grants through the Child Care Development Fund Program or State Child Care Assistance
- Family investment program or temporary assistance for needy families
- Free-and-reduced-price lunch and / or school morning programs
- Lead and / or early lead
- Healthy and Healthy Kids in Iowa or Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Johnson County General Assistance
- Low-income program for energy assistance for the home
- Medicare Part D Low Income Supplements
- Pell Grants
- Section 8 coupons or HUD-supported housing
- Special supplementary nutrition program for women, infants and children
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program
- Supplementary security income.
Qualified Iowans will submit their applications online, and recipients will be randomly selected by a “selection generator,” according to Johnson County website.
How do I apply?
Eligible Iowans can apply for the program on Monday through Johnson County website.
Applications open Monday at 12:00 and closes on Monday 23 May at 12.00
Although it is unclear if another stimulus check will be sent out on one federal levelimplements many states like Iowa relief programs to help residents.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?