Fox News’ Neil Cavuto has returned to work after more than a month after what he described as an almost deadly battle with COVID-19
NEW YORK – Fox News host Neil Cavuto has returned to work after surviving a bout of COVID-19 and pneumonia, which he says included time in an intensive care unit and some “touch-and-go” periods.
Cavuto, who hosts the 16:00 Eastern hour on the Fox News Channel and a two-hour program at noon on the Fox Business Network, was back on the air Monday after being free since the week of January 10th.
“It was really touch-and-go,” Cavuto said. “Some of you who have wanted to bring me out of my misery got what you wanted.”
Cavuto said doctors told him that if he had not been vaccinated, he would not have survived because it provided some defense.
While some personalities at Fox have promoted vaccine skepticism, Cavuto said he “was not here to discuss vaccinations for you.” He said he owed viewers an explanation of what he had been through, after asking for privacy throughout his illness.
He read parts of letters from some viewers, including a woman named Janice, who wrote, “dead or alive, as long as he’s not on my TV, it’s a good day.”
“Well, sorry today, Janice,” Cavuto said.