GRAND FORKS, ND (Valley News Live) – Local organizations partner with Grand Forks Public Health (GFPH) to help distribute free COVID-19 test kits at home. The kits are provided by the North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH). People in Grand Forks County can pick up tests as needed, starting at two tests per day. household member.
The quick test kits will be available for pick-up free of charge from Tuesday, February 15th. Three brands are available: Celltrion, iHealth and FlowFlex. GFPH says that Celltrion should not be used in those younger than 14 years. None of the tests are approved for use in children under 2 years of age, as those children under 2 years of age should be tested at test sites or clinics in the local community.
From Monday 14 February, the following organizations will offer the test kits to the public:
- Other Retail Pharmacy: 1200 Columbia Rd, Grand Forks. MF 8-18 and Saturday-Sunday from 11-16
- Embrace Pharmacy (inside the turning point): 2424 32nd Ave S # 101B, Grand Forks. MF from 8.30-18.00 and Sunday from 9.00-13.00
- Grand Forks City Hall: 255 N 4th St, Grand Forks. MF from kl. 8-17
- GFPH / UND Fritz Pollard Jr. Athletics Center test site: 2419 2nd Ave N, Grand Forks. MF from kl. 7-11
- GFPH Grand Cities Mall Vaccination Site (Between Ace Hardware and Play It Again Sports): 1726 S Washington St, Grand Forks. Tues & Thurs from 12: 30-6 and Wed & Fri from 12: 30-16: 00
- Hugo’s (32nd Ave location only, service desk pickup): 1750 32nd Ave. S, Grand Forks. M-Sat from 6-22 and Sunday from 8-22
- Home of the economy: 1508 N Washington St, Grand Forks. MF from kl. 8-18
- Hope Care Center & Food Pantry: 1726 S Washington St, Grand Forks. Wednesday from kl. 9-17
- Northwood Deaconess: 4 North Park Street, Northwood. M-Thurs from 8.00-17.00
- UND Student Health (UND students, faculty, staff): 2891 2nd Ave N, Grand Forks. MF from 8.00-16.30
Home test results should not be reported to NDDoH or GFPH, but health authorities say it may help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
If your organization is interested in being a distribution point, contact Grand Forks Public Health at 701-787-8100. As new distribution sites are added to the community, they will be listed online, http://health.nd.gov/covidtesting.
Copyright 2022 KVLY. All rights reserved.