Lancaster County school districts have seen weekly declines in COVID-19 cases for much of the past month, which is in line with a sharp drop in cases across the country.
The Hempfield School District was one of only three districts to experience an increase (with two cases). It experienced the biggest drop in cases last week.
Columbia Borough and Ephrata Area school districts experienced increases of one and two cases, respectively.
Lancaster County’s largest school district, the school district of Lancaster, had the largest fall of 91 cases.
Here are the number of COVID-19 cases reported by Lancaster County school districts this week, from Friday at 7 p.m. 17.00, with each district’s total enrollment in parentheses.
(Districts report cases in different ways. Data from school districts without an asterisk reflect the total number of cases reported this week; data from school districts beginning with an asterisk reflect the total number of cases reported within the last 14 days; and data from school districts beginning with two stars reflect current active cases.)
– * Cocalico (2,931): 38 (11 at Cocalico Middle School, nine at Denver Elementary School, eight at Reamstown Elementary School, six at Adamstown Elementary School and four at Cocalico High School).
Last week: 48.
– Columbia Borough (1,262): Five (two each at Columbia High School and Middle School Campus and at Park Elementary School and one at Columbia Middle School-Taylor).
Last week: Four.
– ** Conestoga Valley (4,013): 15 (six at Conestoga Valley High School, three each at Brownstown Elementary School and Leola Elementary School, two at Smoketown Elementary School and one at Fritz Elementary School).
Last week: 20.
– ** Donegal (2,818): 14 (Five each at Donegal High School and Donegal Junior High School and four at Donegal Intermediate School).
Last week: 33.
– ** Eastern Lancaster County (2,768): 29 (12 at Brecknock Elementary School, eight at Garden Spot Secondary Campus, five at New Holland Elementary School and four at Blue Ball Elementary School).
Last week: 51.
– Elizabethtown Area (3,691): 27 (11 at Bear Creek Elementary School, eight at Elizabethtown Area High School, three each at Elizabethtown Area Middle School and East High Street Elementary School and one each at Rheems Elementary School and Bainbridge Elementary School).
Last week: 38.
– Ephrata Area (4,130): 10 (three at Ephrata High School; two each at Ephrata Middle School and Akron Elementary School, and one each at Clay Elementary School, Fulton Elementary School and Highland Elementary School).
Last week: Eight.
– Hempfield (6,818): 53 (21 Rohrerstown Elementary School; nine at Landisville Primary Center; five at Hempfield High School; four each at Centerville Elementary School, Mountville Elementary School and Landisville Intermediate Center, two at Centerville Middle School and Landisville Middle School and one each at East Petersburg Elementary School and Farmdale Elementary School).
Last week: 51.
– ** Lampeter-Strasburg (2,828): 16 (six each at Hans Herr Elementary School and Lampeter Elementary School and four at Lampeter-Strasburg High School).
Last week: 34.
– ** Lancaster (10,384): 68 (11 at McCaskey Campus; 10 at Martin School; seven at Wheatland Middle School; five at Price Elementary School; four each at Lafayette Elementary School, Reynolds Middle School and Jackson Middle School; three each at Burrowes Elementary School, Fulton Elementary School, Washington Elementary School, Wickersham Elementary School and Lincoln Middle School; two each at Carter & MacRae, Hamilton and Ross Elementary Schools and one each at King and Wharton Elementary Schools).
Last week: 159.
– ** Manheim Central (2,910): Two (two at Manheim Central High School).
Last week: Three.
– Manheim Township (5,946): 18 (five at Reidenbaugh Elementary School, four at Neff Elementary School, three each at Landis Run Intermediate School and Manheim Township Middle School, two at Manheim Township High School and one at Bucher Elementary School).
Last week: 62.
– Octorara area (2,118): Six (five at Octorara Junior and Senior High School and one at Octorara Elementary School).
Last week: 13.
– Penn Manor (5,378): 10 (Two each at Manor Middle School, Hambright Elementary School and Letort Elementary School and one each at Penn Manor High School, Central Manor Elementary School, Conestoga Elementary School and Eshleman Elementary School).
– Pequea Valley (1,467): 13 (nine at Salisbury Elementary School, two at Pequea Valley High School and one each at Paradise Elementary School and Pequea Valley Intermediate School).
Last week: 14.
Note: Seven of the nine cases at Salisbury Elementary School were across two households.
– ** Solanco (3,182): 12 (three at Quarryville Elementary School; two each at Providence Elementary School, Smith Middle School and Swift Middle School; and one each at Clermont Elementary School, Bart-Colerain Elementary School and Solanco High School).
Last week: 14.
– ** Warwick (3,835): 16 (five at Lititz Elementary School, four at John Beck Elementary School, three at Warwick High School, two at Warwick Middle School and one each at Bonfield and Kissel Hill Elementary Schools).
Last week: 18.