Injured Little Leaguer’s CAT scan results are back to ‘normal’ after he fell and hit his head a second time

Oliverson bumped his head into the bathroom unaccompanied Saturday night after initially injuring himself last Monday by falling from a bunk bed in the Little League World Series (LLWS) dormitories in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

Oliverson, whose nickname is “Tank,” is being treated at Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital in Danville, Pennsylvania.

The post on the @miraclesfortank Instagram account reads: “Easton had a CT scan today to make sure there was no swelling from his fall last night. The results came back NORMAL!

“We feel so grateful and blessed to have witnessed yet another miracle in Easton’s recovery!”

READ: Little League World Series player was minutes from death after falling, dad says
Easton Oliverson's family sent CNN a video Friday of Easton walking with help from medical professionals.

The young athlete was flown to a children’s hospital in critical condition on August 15. His father told CNN he was “fighting for his life” as doctors said he was just 30 minutes from death. He underwent surgery and was kept in an artificial coma.

In the days since, Oliverson has made impressive strides toward recovery, as documented on the @miraclesfortank account. By Wednesday he was no longer sedated and on Thursday he left an intensive care unit and was able to feed himself.

The Instagram account also noted on Saturday that Oliverson may be able to return to Utah this week, with doctors at the Pennsylvania hospital in contact with Salt Lake City Primary Children’s Hospital to prepare “travel plans” and hope to see him back in Tuesday. Utah.

On Sunday, Oliverson “got to see his little brother, nephew and best friends (who are more like brothers). They brought him lots of goodies from all the teams in the Little League World Series.”

Oliverson’s Little League team, Utah’s Snow Canyon, was eliminated from the (LLWS) Sunday night, falling 10-2 against Iowa’s Davenport Little League team in a rain-delayed showdown.

Oliverson’s father, Jace, told ABC’s Good Morning America Monday that he is “pushing forward” to overcome the hard recovery process for his son.

“The doctors are just stunned by his progression in this short time with where he was,” Jace said.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.