IRS: How to Talk to a Real Person at the IRS
IRS: How to Talk to a Real Person at the IRS

IRS: How to Talk to a Real Person at the IRS

Millions of Americans were frustrated in 2021 when they tried to contact a real person working for the IRS without success.

IRS: How to Talk to a Real Person at the IRS

This year, there may be a way to talk directly to someone if needed.

With tax seasons that have been a little more confusing lately with things like child tax deductions, the need to talk to someone is greater.

IRS: Use these apps to file tax returns for free

How to talk to a person at the IRS

Your chances of getting through to a real person are greater if you call the number associated with your specific problem.

The IRS main number is 1-800-829-1040, where many do not end up getting through.

The following numbers are listed for similar reasons

Average reimbursements are $ 658 more dollars in 2022 compared to 2021

  • Missing child tax deduction: 800-908-4184
  • Stimulus check wrong amount or never received: 800-919-9835
  • Self-employed taxpayers with account or tax law questions: 800-829-4933
  • Identity and Reimbursement Theft Victims; get a new IP PIN: 800-908-4490
  • Disaster Victims: 866-562-5227
  • Overseas Taxpayers: 267-941-1000
  • Balance of overdue questions: 800-829-0922; 800-829-7650; 800-829-3903
  • Questions about property and gift tax: 866-699-4083
  • Questions about excise duties: 866-699-4096
  • Report phishing and other scams; see if an IRS agent’s name and badge number are legal: 800-366-4484
  • Check the status of a tax refund: 800-829-1954
  • Ask about tax withholding status: 866-897-3315
  • Check the status of a changed tax return: 866-464-2050
  • Order a tax return: 800-908-9946
  • Make a payment using the electronic federal tax payment system: 800-555-4477
  • Report incorrect income on a replacement return: 866-681-4271
  • Confirm, pay or redeem a tax lien: 800-913-6050
  • See if bankruptcy changed your tax debt: 800-973-0424
  • Innocent Spouse Assistance: 866-681-4271
  • See which debt will offset your tax refund: 800-304-3107
  • Lost ITIN Documents: 800-908-9982
  • Status of application for adoption Taxpayer identification number: 737-800-5511
  • Taxpayer Legal Services: 877-777-4778
  • International Taxpayer Advocate: 787-522-8601
  • Tax Assistance for the Hearing Impaired (TTY / TDD): 800-829-4059
  • Schedule an appointment with a local IRS office: 844-545-5640
  • Whistleblower Hotline: 800-829-0433
  • Ask the IRS to send you paper tax forms: 800-829-3676
  • Find a free tax clinic near you: 800-906-9887; 888-227-7669

You can call these numbers between Monday and Friday from 7.00 to kl. 19.00

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.