Lee Health released the updated COVID-19 numbers for Wednesday.
- As of Wednesday morning, 28 COVID-19 patients have been isolated at Lee Health hospitals (inpatient).
- Of these patients, one of them is a child being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital in southwest Florida.
- On Tuesday, there were four new hospitalizations with COVID-19 and eight discharges due to COVID-19.
- 71% of the fans and 17% of the IC rooms are available for use. There is one COVID-19 patient on a ventilator and two in intensive care.
- On Wednesday morning, the count stood at 96% of the manned operational bed capacity.
- Since the start of the pandemic, 1,211 patients have died at Lee Health hospitals from COVID-19, including zero yesterday.
Lee Health offers COVID-19 vaccines to everyone ages 12 and older at the Community Vaccination Clinic, which is located at the Gulf Coast Medical Center. It is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7am to 3:30pm and there is no charge for the vaccine. Anyone can make an appointment online at www.leehealth.org.
Vaccination schedules for children aged 5-11 will be announced in the coming days.