Minnesota’s COVID-19 update for Friday, April 15th
Minnesota’s COVID-19 update for Friday, April 15th

Minnesota’s COVID-19 update for Friday, April 15th

Friday’s COVID-19 update from the Minnesota Department of Health includes 877 recently reported cases and seven recently reported deaths. The state’s COVID-19 death toll is now 12,465.

Today’s update includes case data reported over a 72-hour period ending at 1 p.m. 4 Thursday, April 14th.

The coronavirus variant currently dominant in Minnesota is the BA.2 version of omicron. According to the latest wastewater data from the Metropolitan Council, 96% of the samples in the 7-county area are BA.2 and the remaining 4% (as of April 11) is the original omicron strain, BA.1.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.