CLEVELAND, Ohio – State of Ohio Thursday, 1,321 new cases of COVID-19 were reported. It was the 21st day in a row with daily case numbers below 5,000, and the 13th day in a row below 2,500.
The total number of cases of COVID-19 since the beginning of 2020 has now reached 2,649,692.
Ohio’s death toll since the onset of the pandemic is now 36,267. COVID-19 deaths are reported twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays, although the deaths reported are often weeks old.
A total of 7,219,437 Ohioans have received at least one vaccination, representing about 65.6% of Ohioans 5 years and older.
Since the beginning of 2021, there have been 21,563 deaths among persons reported as unvaccinated and 1,083 among persons reported to be fully vaccinated. And there have been 63,719 inpatients who were not fully vaccinated, and 4,127 fully vaccinated people admitted. Updates are usually delivered every Thursday.
The state does not report for COVID-19 cases whether people have been vaccinated.
The total number of cases reported recently is likely to be underestimated, as some people do not report home tests and others may not test at all.
* Total reported cases: 2,649,692, an increase of 1,321.
* Total number of reported admissions: 112,056, an increase of 151.
* Total reported ICU admissions: 13,187, an increase of 17.
* Total number of reported cases: 2,648,371, an increase of 1,323.
* Total number of reported admissions: 111,905, an increase of 198.
* Total reported ICU admissions: 13,170, an increase of 11.