Prince Charles tests positive for Covid for the second time
Prince Charles tests positive for Covid for the second time

Prince Charles tests positive for Covid for the second time

That heir to the British thronewho is 73 years old, had to cancel his participation in an event in the English city of Winchester on Thursday, according to a statement from his official Twitter account.

Charles met with the Queen “recently,” a royal source told CNN after the news surfaced. The source has not elaborated on how recently the meeting took place.

Her Majesty is showing no symptoms and the situation will continue to be monitored, the source said.

In a statement issued at noon local time, Clarence House tweeted: “This morning, the Prince of Wales tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.

“HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule its visit as soon as possible,” the statement added. He was to unveil a statue of a Jewish businesswoman from the Middle Ages.

This is the second time the prince has tested positive. Charles first tested positive in late March 2020, when countries around the world first felt the effects of the pandemic. Back in 2020, Prince William was also tested positive, shortly after his father.

Charles, who is fully vaccinated, said at the time he was first infected that he had been lucky enough to experience only mild symptoms, adding that he had “gotten away with it easily.”

The queen celebrated its platinum anniversary last Sunday by expressing her “sincere wish” that her daughter-in-law, the Duchess of Cornwall, should become Queen Consort once Charles is king.

Charles’ positive test comes just hours after he spent the evening meeting dozens of people at the British Museum to celebrate the work of the British Asian Trust, for which he is the founding patron.

Confidence reported that the prince – who was accompanied by his wife Camilla – during his speech at the event said: “I can not quite believe that it is almost two years to the day my wife and I could be with you all to celebrate The work of the British Asian Trust Since then, there has been a terrible loss of human life across the globe as a result of COVID-19, and we have especially seen the devastating impact throughout South Asia.In these most challenging times, the British Asian Trust has run four significant fundraisers appeals, which have so far raised nearly £ 20 million ($ 27 million).

British Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Home Secretary Priti Patel also attended the event.

Prince Charles' closest aide is resigning over the money-for-honor scandal

The PA reported that the Duchess continued her engagements on Thursday when she visited Paddington Haven, a referral center for sexual assault in west London.

Back in December, Charles and Camilla issued a statement commemorating the one-year anniversary of the administration of the world’s first Covid-19 vaccine, urging more people to take action.

“It is the most enormous tribute to the remarkable ingenuity and determination of all involved that a year after the first Covid-19 vaccination, more than one hundred million doses have now been delivered,” the statement said.

The world’s first Covid-19 vaccine dose was given to 90-year-old Margaret Keenan in the UK on December 8, 2020, nine months after the World Health Organization declared the global pandemic.

Prince Charles is the third royal this week to test positive for Covid-19. Spain’s King Felipe VI tested positive Wednesday morning after he began showing mild symptoms the night before, Spain’s royal household said in a statement. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark was also tested positive a day earlier.

Anusha Rathi contributed to this report.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.