By Annie Walters/Social Security Public Affairs Specialist in Nevada
If you retire, become incapacitated for work or someone you depend on dies, we are there when you need us. You can access your information, benefits and important services virtually anywhere with your personal and secure mine Social Security account. With your mine Social Security account, you can:
· Compare future estimates of benefits for different dates or ages when you may want to start receiving benefits.
· Check the status of your benefit application or objection.
· View your earnings history.
· Apply for a replacement Social Security card (in most states).
If you are already receiving benefits, you can also:
· Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
· Set up or change your direct deposit.
· Change your address.
· Apply for a replacement Medicare card.
· Get a Social Security Form 1099 (SSA-1099).
You can even get your mine Social Security account to opt-out of certain notifications by mail, including the annual cost of living adjustment notification and the income-related monthly adjustment amount notification. These notifications are now available in your Notification Center when you sign in to your account. We’ll send you an email that a new message is waiting for you, so you never miss an important update.
Sign up for a mine Social Security account. Let your friends and family know they can make their own mine Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.