The Social Security Administration is sending out the fourth batch of payments from August today, with another scheduled for this month. These checks arrive in batches each month to help manage the sheer volume of mailing as approximately 65 million Americans receive Social Security benefits. The last payment of August will be sent next week.
Due to the rising inflation we have seen in the past year,in 40 years. You will receive a letter in December with your payout percentage for the following year. You can also on the Social Security website.
See below to see when you will get your next Social Security check and how your payment date will be determined. For more, here’sand . Here’s also what you need to know about . And here are the states looking at: .
How are Social Security payment dates determined?
The Social Security Administration sends payments on three different Wednesdays of each month — the second, third, and fourth Wednesdays. The Wednesday that you get your money depends on your date of birth. Payments to recipients of additional collateral income generally arrived on the first of each month (see below). We’ll break it down.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, your payment will be sent on the second Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of the month, your payment will be sent on the third Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st of the month, your payment will be sent on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
See below the program for August.
What if I receive both Social Security and SSI?
If you received Social Security benefits before May 1997, or if you receive both Social Security benefits and SSI, the payment schedule is different. Instead, you receive your Social Security benefits on the third day of each month and your SSI on the first day of each month.
However, those payment dates change if the 1st or 3rd of the month falls on a weekend. For example, April 3 fell on a Sunday this year, so you would have received your Social Security benefits two days earlier, on April 1.
When will I get my August Social Security check?
Here’s the August schedule (pdf) for when you could get your Social Security check and/or SSI money.
- 1 August: Payment for those who receive SSI.
- 3 August: Social Security benefits for those who receive both SSI and Social Security, or have received Social Security since May 1997.
- 10 August: Social Security benefits for people with birthdays that fall between the first and the 10th of a given month.
- August 17: Social Security benefits for people with birthdays that fall between the 11th and 20th of a given month.
- August 24: Social Security benefits for people with birthdays that fall between the 21st and 31st of a given month.
note that July 27 was the last payment date for July.
What if I don’t receive my check on the expected date?
If your check doesn’t arrive by the date listed above based on your date of birth or other circumstances, the Social Security Administration will tell you to wait three additional postal days before calling. If you still have not received it, please call 800-772-1213 to speak to a representative.
The SSA notes that wait times to speak with a representative are shorter Wednesday through Friday and later in the day (between 4 and 7 p.m. local time).
While you wait, you can also access your Social Security benefits online by visiting ssa.gov/myaccount.
We’ll update this story every month as payment dates change.