Two years with COVID-19 in North Dakota
Two years with COVID-19 in North Dakota

Two years with COVID-19 in North Dakota

BISMARCK, ND (KFYR) – March 11 was two years since the first confirmed COVID-19 case in North Dakota, and its reminder of what the state has been through since then.

At the beginning of the pandemic, long-term care facilities were affected. Visitation restrictions and lack of staff resulted in difficult changes for the residents. Christopher Larson, chairman of the Reuniting Residents and Families Task Force, said he was “proud” of how people have adapted since the beginning of the pandemic.

“I can not say enough about the cooperation between families and facilities and state partners and federal partners. It just really shows that when we come together as a community, we can get through these things,” Larson said.

Larson said long-term care facilities have fully allowed visits, and the task force is now focused on residents’ advocacy.

Copyright 2022 KFYR. All rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.